Team BH USA Race Calendar

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter



(cousin's easter egg hunt at Uncle Joe's farm)


My Grandma passed away last week. She was 93 and until 3 years ago, she lived alone and happy in her house in central PA. She was a special lady and I will miss her dearly. She held a bachelor's degree and a master's degree and taught school for 41 years. In college she played field hockey and I am built just like her--I have her to thank for my strong legs.
I grew up in Chicago and spent a couple weeks every year visiting her. She was always a big supporter of everything I did, including cycling. Because my Grandma lived right there, when I was a cat 4 and just getting started I went out and did the Tour de 'Toona. Participating in a race of that caliber as a beginning bike racer was very exciting and one of the reasons I got so into this sport.

My family is pretty spread out over the country and we all traveled to the area to remember her. We came from California, Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota, Washington DC, and all over Pennsylvania.
It was very sad because I will miss her very much, but it was a great thing to have all of our family together and during the extended weekend I was able to squeeze some rides in.....

(Descending Blue Knob)



(Climbing Sproul Mountain)



-Kristen



No comments:

Post a Comment