Team BH USA Race Calendar

Saturday, August 22, 2009

National Criterium Championships

As a team, Devon and I finished 19th and 25th, and Anne also finished with the field though her result is mia. Personally National Criterium Championships was the highlight of my year. Depending on perspective I can be disappointed or happy with my finish. I was disappointed because I was hoping to be in the sprint this year. But if I'm honest, it was the first time I've ever finished with the main field at Downer's Grove, so it was the best I've ever done and I should be happy. Being a perfectionist, I usually choose disappointed but realistically I know I have made a lot of improvements this year and am trying hard to focus on that. I guess it just means I have to keep training and give it another shot next year!

Congratulations to Tina Pic! National Champion once again. She announced her retirement after this race and what a way to go out.

Check out this cool video footage of our race courtesy of Rene Cudal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCIKyVc1IEk

-Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment