Team BH USA Race Calendar

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Bonjour de France


Yesterday I arrived in Limoux, France to begin a month+ long USAcycling development camp. I was sad to leave right before Team BH makes their midwest racing debut, but am looking forward to a great experience and lots of learning. During the camp, we will live and train in southern France -- learning race tactics, practicing time trial skills and experiencing lots of climbing(!). On the weekends, we will travel around France and Holland for some international racing experience -- here is the race lineup:

March 29: Dolman's Classic
April 4-5: Tour of Burgundy
April 13: Pujols French Cup
April 18: Ronde van Gelderland
May 3: Trophee des Grimeurs French Cup
May 10: Grand Prix d'Amancey

I've arrived and settled in our cozy team house. Unfortunately my bike has not finished its journey. I think whoever opened my bike box for inspection decided to take my pretty BH bike out for a test ride. I hope they send it along soon!

Fortunately I was able to borrow a bike and get my first taste of riding around here. The roads are narrow, but the cars are sparse; the temps are 60s and sunny (I am not missing Chicago!); and the scenery is spectacular. Sometimes i find myself enjoying the views and almost riding off road. Yikes! Pictures often don't do the views justice, but I tried to get a couple shots...







Tomorrow is an easy spin and then off to Holland for my first race -- I'll try to post updates along the way...

-Devon

1 comment:

  1. Yay, Devon! I can't wait to read/hear your stories. And of course keep us updated on your, now international, ice cream quests!

    ReplyDelete